So, what fantasy-fantastic will the latest Cirque du Soleil show hold? I can hardly wait to find out. I’m constantly amazed at the shows’ feats and creativity and how different each is from one another. If you’re a fan and up for the latest, you only have 8 shows to choose from in a mere four days this Weds.-Sat in Long Beach at the Convention Center.
I’m hitting opening night Weds., so I will give you a show review Thursday, but this is pre-scoop now:
Quidam (which premiered in Montreal in 1996, has toured on five continents and been seen by millions) hits the states this year and features a Cirque international cast of 52 world-class acrobats, musicians, singers and characters. The story is one of young Zoé, who is bored and finds her life has lost all meaning. She slides into an imaginary world—the world of Quidam—where she meets characters who encourage her to free her soul.
Sounds like a Cirque land of magical, dreamy wonder awaits.
Want more scoop? Visit http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/quidam.
To buy tickets, call 1-800-745-3000.
• Adults: From $40 to $95
• Children (12 & under): From $32 to $77
• Military, Seniors & Students: From $36 to $81
Premium Tickets also available:
• Adults: From $110 to $115
• Children (12 & under): From $88 to $93
• Military, Seniors & Students: $99
The Show Schedule (April 20 – 24, 2011):
• Wednesday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, April 21 at 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, April 22 at 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, April 23 at 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, April 24 at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Maybe I’ll Cirque-see-you there.